Monday 18 November 2013

Icom Earpieces – Show Them Some I.D or You’ll Have to Leave

Flash back with me to a point in my time when I still had not gotten my act together…

At age 20, I was shaggy haired, absent minded and keen on rock n roll in a large way (waitaminute – I’m still shaggy haired, absent minded and into rock n roll in a huge way…). I was dating a pole dancer, singing within a grotty group and telling anybody who’d pay attention that I wanted to get out of the crappy little township and really make a bit of my life. I guess, in some respects I was a little like George Bailey of Bedford Falls, (if George Bailey was kind of a dick and made a point of saying the ‘F’ word in every second sentence…)

To make ends meet, while I waited in frustration for George Carlin to turn up in his time travelling phone box and help me usher in an era of global peace, I worked at a couple of jobs. Particularly, one evening a week, I was employed as the Youth Worker.

To my shock, I found the job to be really fun, as well as very gratifying. Since I was an authority in all things media (having a Uni Certificate to show it), I began a project that would educate the youngsters all about film creation, music and also the press in general.

Among my best students was a rather worried boy and a hard stare and a ‘brick sh!thouse’ body. When I was not pulling him off various youths who may or may not have mouthed off his sister, we got along pretty well. After I left the position a few years later, we actually became firm mates. He has also become particularly close to my brother (who was also a Youth Worker for a time) and my parents.

And not using a hint of sarcasm, watching this tough, conflicted boy grow up to become a decent, hard working man is both an honour and also a privilege. However, he floundered for a very long time as he sought for work. It just appeared that there was not anything he was able to use himself to.

Then, all of a sudden, he found his profession. My friend is now a completely certified bouncer, working the door in a number of pubs, clubs, venues and bars.

In order to communicate easily without causing a lot of a fuss, bouncers like my buddy often use Icom Earpieces. These units are available in numerous forms, with 2-pin, multi pin, straight pin and high angled forms all catered for. You can also find an Icom earpiece for almost any style of Icom 2 way radio imaginable.

There’s no fuss, as the earpieces might be operated plainly and discreetly and, being reinforced with Kevlar, they’re every bit as hard wearing as the 2 way radios they work with.

Icom have been building in quality 2 way radio equipment since 1954, so they know very well what they are doing and how to make customers happy whilst doing it. Icom Earpieces are sturdy, reliable and high spec, so it is no wonder that so many in the safety industry decide to wear them.

 As for my pal, it looks like he has himself on track; he’s found employment that he is good for as well as one which is excellent for him. I could have made my share of blunders in the past, but I was certainly right about 1 or 2 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment